- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – optionally 1-1 gluten free alternative
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk – optionally dairy free
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Mix together the milk and vinegar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to sour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare your muffin cups. If using metal molds, coat in oil. If using silicone molds, spread out on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour milk, oil, and maple syrup.
- Add in the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir together until combined, making sure not to over mix.
- Scoop the batter into prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, in preheated oven.