This recipe makes 8-10 pancakes which can easily be adapted for different quantities
- 1/2 cup flour – whole wheat is good but any flour works, can be a 1-1 gluten-free alternative
- 1/2 cup milk – can be dairy-free
- 2 eggs
- 1 T oil
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups corn – fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped, or 1-2 T dried basil – optional
- Whisk flour, milk, eggs, 1T oil, baking powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add in corn and optionally basil.
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup batter onto the warmed up pan.
- After 3 – 4 minutes, the edges should begin to dry and bubble.
- Flip and cook for 3 – 4 more minutes, or until golden brown.
- Continue with the rest of the batter.