- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup sugar – 1/2 white 1/2 brown works well
- 3/4 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t cinnamon
- 3/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t cloves
- 3 t allspice
- 1 t salt
- 1 cup almond or peanut butter
- 3 eggs or flax eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Pepitas or other seeds- optional
- 1 loaf pan
- Small saucepan
- In a small saucepan, cook the pumpkin puree on medium-low heat for 20 – 30 minutes, or until cooked down to about 1/2 cup. The pumpkin may stick to the pan, but after soaked for 20 – 30 minutes, it should be able to come off.
- Combine the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the nut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Let the cooked pumpkin cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the pumpkin with the other ingredients.
- Pour into a greased or lined loaf pan.
- Optionally, sprinkle the top with pepitas or other seeds.
- Bake at 225 f for 60 – 70 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out dry.