- 1 onion – minced finely
- 8 oz mushrooms
- Basil to taste – cut up finely
- Thyme to taste – cut up finely
- Dill to taste – cut up finely
- 3 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup bread crumbs – you can put some stale bread in a food processor to make bread crumb instead of store-bought breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 9 x 9 baking dish
- Prepare the carrots and onions. Set aside in different bowls.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly oil your 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a large pan, heat up 1/2 – 1 T oil.
- Saute onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms, basil, thyme, and dill.
- Continue to saute for 5 – 10 more minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the grated carrots, bread crumbs, cheese, and egg.
- Mix in the sauteed veggies.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered then 15 minutes with the foil off.