- 1 cup cashews
- 3 – 4 cups water
- Sweetener and flavouring if desire
- Fine-mesh sieve
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with water.
- Let soak overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Drain, rinse, and dry.
- Place in a blender with about 2 cups of water.
- Blend until cashews are fully broken up.
- Add more water until you have a consistency of your liking.
- Blend more until cashews are even smaller and are only little grains.
- Add in sweetener if wanted.
- Strain using a fine-mesh sieve and remove the grainy parts.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until use.