- 1 can coconut milk*
- 1 – 2 cups any creamy nondairy milk – I like cashew milk but any should work
- 1 – 2 T coconut oil or cocoa butter
- 1 – 2 t vanilla extract
- Any flavorings of choice
- Sugar to taste
- Place your bowl of the stand mixer and the whisk attachment in the freezer for at least 10 – 20 minutes.
- After the 10 – 20 minutes, take the bowl and whisk out of the freezer.
- In the bowl, add the coconut cream*.
- Whisk on high speed until light, fluffy, and looks like mousse when you pick some up.
- While the mixer is running, add in your other non- dairy milk. You can add in as little or as much as you want to create a somewhat liquidy texture.
- Next, add the cocoa butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, and flavourings.
- Slowly add in the sugar until desired taste.
- Pour into loaf pan and cover and freeze until solid. If you want more of a mousse-like ice cream, only freeze for 3 – 4 hours. if you want a harder ice cream, let freeze for longer or overnight.
*For the coconut milk, place the can in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Do not shake it or turn it. Carefully scoop out the milky looking part of it until you get to the watery and clear looking part. You will only need the cream, not the water.