- 1 T oil
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 14 oz or 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 14 oz or 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 – 1 cup halved cashews
- Optional peas, corn, or other vegetables
- In a large pan or skillet, add the oil and rice.
- Saute for 1 – 2 minutes until all rice is covered with oil and warm.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil then add cumin, coriander, salt, turmeric, the bay leaf, and cashew halves.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring every 1 – 2 minutes until rice is tender and all liquid is cooked off. About 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.