- Peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- Soy sauce or tamari
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar – About 1 – 2 T depending on how much peanut butter you use but don’t add too much or it won’t taste very great
- Lime or lemon juice
- Optional peanuts for garnish
- In the saucepan, add in the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, lime, and a small amount of water.
- Cook on low heat until everything is dissolved.
- If the sauce looks too thick or looks separated, add in some more water and cook down until dissolved and the texture you are looking for.