- 1 T oil
- Garlic to taste
- Thyme to taste
- Turmeric to taste
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 2 cups cubed sweet potato or yam
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 t yellow mustard
- 1 – 2 lemon juice
- 12- 16 oz pasta of choice
- Medium frying pan
- Garlic press or knife and cutting board
- Blender or food processer
- Large saucepan or pot
- Use a garlic press or knife and board to pulverize the garlic.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and oil to a medium frying pan.
- Cook for 30 – 60 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- Add salt, turmeric, paprika, milk, and sweet potatoes or yams.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes or yams are soft and cooked through.
- Once cooked, add the entire mixture to a blender or food processer.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Blend to incorporate.
- In a large saucepan, cook the noodles until al dente.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the noodle water.
- Drain the rest.
- Return the noodles back into the pot and add the blended sauce.
- You can add some of the water that you scooped out from the noodles if the sauce is too thick.
- Enjoy immediately or reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.