- 6 T butter
- 4 cups of milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup semolina flour – fine or course
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- More cheddar cheese for garnish
- Medium saucepan
- Plastic wrap
- A baking vessel like a glass baking dish or cast iron pan
- Room in a fridge
- An oven that can broil
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk and butter.
- Heat up until the butter is melted and milk is slightly boiling.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, semolina flour, nutmeg, and both kinds of cheese.
- Whisk for 2 – 3 minutes to cool down before adding the egg yolks.
- Put back on the heat and continue to whisk and cook until mixture starts to come off the sides of the pan. About 5 minutes.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to cool off. Do not wait longer than 15 minutes or else the mixture will become too solid to roll.
- Layout two pieces of plastic wrap out. About 30 x 40 cm.
- Pour out half the mixture onto each of the pieces of plastic.
- Roll into logs and twist ends to seal.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove plastic and cut logs into small rounds about 1 – 2 cm thick.
- Arrange on a baking vessel and sprinkle cheddar to garnish.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400
Then broil for 2 – 3 minutes to crisp up edges