- 1 cup flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- Spices (savory or sweet) – optional
- About 1 1/4 cup milk – plant-based or dairy
- 2 T oil – plus more for cooking
- Toppings of your choice
- Mixing bowl
- Large pan
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and oil.
- Slowly add milk to the flour mixture while mixing until the mixture becomes liquidy.
- Heat up a large pan.
- When hot, add a drizzle of oil. Spread it evenly around the pan.
- Place a ladle full of mixture in pan.
- Quickly swirl the batter to cover the pan.
- Cook until the top is dry and edges begin to lift off the pan.
- Flip over and cook for a few more minutes when each side is golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Finish with toppings of your choice.