- 1 packet or 2 1/4 t active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 – 3 cup flour – optionally 1-1 gluten free alternative.
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T oil
- 1 T sugar
- Mix together warm water, sugar, and yeast.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes until yeast starts to bubble.
- In a different bowl, mix together 2 1/2 cup flour, oil, and salt.
- At the end of the 10 minutes, mix the yeast thoroughly. If it is not bubbling, your yeast is not active, and will not work for this bread.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the yeast mixture into the flour well. Stir until blended.
- If your dough is too dry, add in a little water and if it is too wet, add in a little flour.
- Knead for 10 to 15 minutes on a floured, clean surface. Trying to add in as much of the remaining 1/2 cup of flour as to create a stiff but fluffy dough.
- Set in a warm place to rise. About 1 – 2 hours depending on how warm your house is. If your house is really cold, you can warm up the oven for 1 – 2 minutes. Then turn it off and place the dough in there to rise.
- Shape into preferable shape and size. You can add a filling or make them pull-apart rolls if desire. If you desire to make a loaf of bread, grease a loaf pan and set in there.
- Let rise in a warm place for 15 – 25 minutes.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes at 375 degrees. If filings are added or if not baked in a loaf pan, bake times may vary.