- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet or 2 1/4 t active dry yeast
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 – 2 T sugar
- 2 T oil
If using gluten-free flour, add xanthan gum if necessary. The amount depends on the brand and will usually say on the package.
375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes
- Mixing bowl
- Bread pan or baking vessel
- Mix together 1/2 cup warm water, sugar, and yeast.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes until yeast starts to bubble. If the yeast does not smell and start to bubble, your yeast has died and you need new yeast. Your bread will not work.
- In a different bowl, mix together flour, oil, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture
- Pour yeast mixture into flour well. Stir until blended.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup water slowly until the dough becomes a workable consistency.
- Knead for 10 to 15 minutes. Trying to add in as much of the remaining 1/2 cup of flour to creat a stiff but fluffy dough.
- Set in a warm place to rise. About 1 – 2 hours depending on how warm your house is. If your house is really cold, you can warm up the oven for 30 seconds. Then turn it off and put the dough in there to rise.
- Shape into preferable shape and size. You can add a filling or make them pull-apart rolls if desire. If just making a loaf of bread, grease a loaf pan and set in there.
- Let rise in a warm place for 15 – 25 minutes.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes at 375 degrees if there is no filling. If adding filling, you may need to cook longer