- 1 cup flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil, butter, or vegan butter
- Ice water
- Food processer – optional
- Rolling pin
- In a food processor or bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt. Process or mix to combine.
- Cut up butter/coconut oil/vegan butter into very little chunks.
- Add the coconut oil/butter/vegan butter. Process or mix until the mixture becomes crumbly and everything is incorporated.
- While the processor is running, or while you are mixing, add the ice water 2 T at a time until it forms into a dough.
- Take out of the food processor or bowl and knead for about 20 seconds.
- Roll into a ball and chill for 30 – 60 minutes.
- After chilled, roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface until it is about as thin as a quarter.
- Put the pie in the fridge to cool while you make the filling.
- Baking times vary depending on the filling that you choose.