Original pie crust recipe at https://pandabaker.com/2020/04/14/pie-crust/
- 1 cup flour
- 1 T sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil, butter, or vegan butter
- Ice water
- 14 oz tofu
- 1 T cornstarch
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1/4 t turmeric
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Chopped vegetables – mushrooms and asparagus are good but anything works
- Food processer
- Medium-sized saucepan
- In a food processor or bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt. Process or mix to combine.
- Cut up butter/coconut oil/vegan butter into very little chunks.
- Add the coconut oil/butter/vegan butter. Process or mix until the mixture becomes crumbly and everything is incorporated.
- While the processor is running, or while you are mixing, add the ice water 2 T at a time until it forms into a dough.
- Take out of the food processor or bowl and knead for about 20 seconds.
- Roll into a ball and chill for 30 – 60 minutes.
- After chilled, roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface until it can fit into the correct sized pie pan.
- Put the pie in the fridge to cool while you make the filling.
- Clean out the food processer to get the leftover residue of the dough.
- Add tofu, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt into a food processer. Process until it becomes a pasty consistency.
- While the food processer is running, add the milk until it reaches a smooth and liquidy consistency. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat up the oil with the onions. Saute until onions are soft.
- Add the chopped vegetables. Saute until soft.
- Turn off the burner.
- Add tofu mixture into a hot pan.
- Mix until combined.
- Add filling to chilled pie crust.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes then let cool for 10 minutes before eating.
Bake for 40 – 45 minutes at 350 degrees