- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter – optionally dairy free
- 1 2/3 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk – optionally dairy free
- 1/4 cup yogurt or sour cream – optionally dairy free
- 3/4 cup fruit sauce like applesauce or pear sauce
- 2 cups flour – optionally 1-1 gluten free alternative
- 1 t baking soda
- Chocolate chips – optional
350 degrees for:
- 45 min – 5 x 2 1/2 inch pans (4 pans)
- 70 min – 5 x 9 inch pan (1 pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking pans with parchment paper, foil, or butter.
- Combine sugar and butter in a medium-sized bowl with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add mashed banana, milk, yogurt/sour cream, and fruit sauce. Using electric mixer, blend until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and optionally chocolate chips. Stir using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake until a knife inserted comes out clean, specified baking times listed above.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes then remove and let cool completely.