- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour – can be a 1-1 gluten-free alternative
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder (this is what makes them super fluffy)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil – for cooking
- Toppings – optional
- Mix the non-dairy milk with vinegar. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the milk mixture. It should be much thicker now that somewhat represents buttermilk.
- Add vanilla extract to milk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. (Make sure you measure the baking powder correctly– this is what makes it fluffy!)
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and combine.
- Grease your pan with a little bit of coconut oil. Cook on the first side until bubbles appear on the edges. Flip over until cooked.
This recipe is from Jeliy. Go visit her and try out her delicious recipes at https://jeliysveggies.wordpress.com/